Friday 29 March 2013

Muffins & Soup Payment


My very generous Dad is always helping people out, including me. Last week he did some repairs on my vehicle. Lucky for me, he lets me repay him the labor in muffins and soup.

Before adding the delicious blueberries. 

I love vegan batters, you can lick the bowl, worry free! 


Blueberry cornbread muffins from Happy Herbivore Abroad. I did a quality control on one ;) I love the blueberries with the sweet and savory cornmeal. Great contrast of flavors.



This has been my desert in the evenings. A bowl of frozen fruit with almond milk and spice. This bowl was mangoes, raspberries, wild blueberries and cinnamon. 



For the soup payment I chose German Lentil and Potato Soup, also from Happy Herbivore Abroad


Another frozen fruit dessert bowl. This one was mangoes, raspberries, applesauce, almond milk and a pinch of nutmeg. I don't know what it is, but mangoes seem to go so well with nutmeg and or cloves. Or I just have messed up taste buds, I'm okay with that.



After the baking and cooking for my Dad, my husband and I thought we should make ourselves a nice meal. We like to make pasta on a weeknight so we have leftovers for lunches. I usually top my leftovers with some frozen peas, corn, beans or any frozen veg mix. It's so quick and handy and they don't overcook at work. Okay, back to the pasta. We made Sun-dried tomato pasta sauce from the Happy Herbivore Cookbook and mixed it with kamut penne. Lots of Happy Herbivore recipes this week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment